Pan-Seared Salmon Mediterranean Salad
This salad is incredibly satisfying. Not only because it's packed with healthy fats, but also because of it's abundance of flavours and textures. Tender salmon with crispy skin, crisp lettuce, fresh cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, creamy cheese and avocados, salty olives, and a tangy citrus dressing- what an amazing combination!
Serves 2 people. Prep time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 20 min
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- optional: fresh chopped parsley
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped (or any lettuce your prefer)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled onion *omit for vegan diet
- 1/3 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on (skinless also works if you prefer that) *swap for chickpeas or tofu for vegan diet.
- Fresh Parsley
- Lemon Wedges
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients. In a shallow bowl/plate/containter pour half the marinade in over the salmon fillets. Store the marinaded fillets in the fridge with the other half of the dressing for an hour. The *If you're in a rush you can omit the marinating process and cook right away.
- Chop all of the salad ingredients.
- In an oiled skillet over medium/high heat, pan sear the salmon fillets until the skin is crispy and the inside is cooked to your liking.
4. While the salmon is cooking, combine the salad ingredients into 2 bowls or plates.
5. Add the salmon to the salads, drizzle the remaining dressing over it and top with a lemon wedge and fresh parsley.
*feel free to substitute/add cheese, vegetables or proteins according to your preferences/dietary requests.